Travel with Intrepid on a one week cycling tour through the north of this beautiful country provides opportunities to meet the locals and experience their culture in a way that wouldn't otherwise be possible. So come with us and get active as we cycle from Hanoi to Halong Bay, down country lanes and through spectacular mountain scenery. And, of course, all the exercise gives you the perfect excuse to indulge in delicious Vietnamese cuisine.
Why you'll love this trip
- If you love the feel of a bike between your legs, the wind in your (helmet-covered) hair and tropical breeze on your face then this speedy but comprehensive 8 day adventure is for you
- A bike lets you see Vietnam like never before – you’ll go from road to beaten track to something way beyond
- Think of the calories you’ll burn and the appetite you’ll work up cycling around Vietnam’s incredible landscape – all the more reason to indulge in the wealth of delicious local and regional food
- This two-wheeled adventure will show you all the different sides of this country – wildlife-filled natural landscapes, small villages and ancient ruins, along with the region’s liveliest city
- What better way to finish a good week's cycling than relaxing with a massage on the majestic Halong Bay
Is this trip right for you?
- This a new trip for 2019. While we have thoroughly researched every detail of the itinerary, and are working with our local supplier with over 10 years experience riding the exact route, we sometimes find it's necessary to make small changes after the first few trips have run. Changes are always based on feedback from past travellers and our ground staff. For Cycling trips these changes are usually around finding even better roads to ride on, which can alter the distance/time we spend riding on a day to day basis, but can sometimes even extend to accommodation or included activities if needed.
- To complete this trip it is important that you are both confident and competent in riding a bicycle.
- This trip covers quite some distance – you’ll be cycling for up to 70 kilometres a day on varied terrain, so this trip is for the reasonably fit.
- There’s the possibility of a few hiccups along the way – a puncture here and there maybe – but there’s no doubt this is an incredibly rewarding adventure
- You'll be spending one night in a homestay. While the accommodation is shared and basic, this is a great opportunity to interact with the locals, and get a real sense of Vietnamese daily life.
- The weather in this region can be varied. Be prepared to get sweaty and for the occasional rainstorm, which may require a change of plans.
- If you feel like doing all the riding but with less effort we have the option of hiring an electric bike (e-bike) on this trip.
7 breakfasts, 4 lunches, 3 dinners
Bicycle (e-bike option available, subject to availability), Support vehicle, Boat, Taxi
Hotel (3 nights), homestay (2 nights), resort (2 nights)